言西早

Monday, October 30, 2006

Am I a Canadian?

I went to Seattle with a coworker last weekend. Almost driving close to the U.S. border, my coworker asked me if I have brought my passport. I said no. I had only my driver license and a care card with me. She has brought hers. I said why you didn’t remind me to bring. I said then do not show yours at the customs. Since 911, I haven’t gone to the States by car anymore. The idea of bringing the passport has flashed in my mind for a while when I was gathering my baggage at home. Then the idea was gone without taking any action. At the custom booth, trouble came. Sigh! The officer did ask for my passport & ID to prove if I am a Canadian. I thought “will I be refused to enter the big apple”. The officer asked us to pool aside, and gave us a piece of paper to get into the office. Of course, questions and questions to ask me why I didn’t bring my ID. I said I didn’t know I need to bring lor. That’s why I didn’t bring. The officer said how you can prove you’re a Canadian by your driver license. It doesn’t tell your nationality. Errr! I said, yes, I see. The officer kept asking questions, blah blah blah … Luckily, I passed. I thought he was in good mood that day. I guess my name must be put into their record this time. If it happens again, I will be refused to get through.

After passing the border, we went to crazy shopping at the Seattle Premium Outlets. We bought shoes, clothes and kitchen accessories at huge discounts. We felt so happy as we did not get only the in store discounts, also the online coupons which were better than the discounts offered in the VIP coupon books. Then we drove to Seattle and stayed in a hotel near the Space Needle. We got a very good deal online!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home