言西早

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmases in my early age

When I was a kid, I was a good reader. I read a lot of fairy tales and short stories. I almost believed all I read was true. All kind of “white horse wong tze”, “fairies, etc. My mind was all occupied by fantasies. It seems I lived in an romantic, but untrue world.

I definitely thought Santa Claus exists. Since I have memories, my elder sister asked me and my brother to hang up a big sock near our bed at the night of Christmas Eve. Mira curiously my sock was filled up with candies, chocolates and some small gifts the next morning. Both my brother and I were very excited when we saw our gifts from Santa. Year by year, we kept hanging our socks up on Christmas Eve until we were appropriately ten years old. Then all the sudden, my elder brother told me he peeked my elder sister who put all the gifts into our socks at night after we slept. Oh that is the most cruel truth that I ever being told in my life. Then we pretended that we didn’t know anything about my sister’s good deed. Until next year came, both my brother and I told our mom and sister that we know who put gifts into our socks. Since then, my fantasy was over. I certainly appreciated my sister and mom from the bottom of my heart that they gave me an invaluable childhood memory.

I love Christmas. It is my most favourable holiday season. It means warmth, caring, giving and love. I always remind myself we should love one another because God loves us first. So I try to follow what I learn to give during this Christmas season.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home